I graduated magna cum laude from Millsaps College in 1976
and attended Reformed Theological Seminary before earning my doctorate
in psychology at the University of Southern Mississippi in 1982. Following
graduate school, I interned at the University of Tennessee Medical Center
in a distinctive training program that blended inpatient rotations with
outpatient training at the Christian Psychological Center in Memphis.
- Covenant Psychological Services, Redwood City, California;
Psychologist and Director (1990-Present).
- Personics Corporation, Menlo Park, California; Co-founder,
Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer (1986-1990).
- The Boston Consulting Group, Menlo Park, California;
Associate for business development (1984-1985).
- Private practice of psychology and consultant to Simpson
College Counseling Center, San Francisco (1985-1989).
- Pine Belt Mental Health Center, Laurel, Mississippi;
Clinical Director and Psychologist (1982-1984).
- Fuller Theological Seminary, Menlo Park, California;
Reformed Theological Seminary, Jackson, Mississippi; adjunct faculty
member, teaching pastoral counseling and marriage-family therapy.
- V.A. Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi; Treatment
Coordinator for the Inpatient Alcohol Treatment Unit (1978-1979).
Professional Licenses and Certifications
- Licensed Psychologist, States of California, Alabama
- Ordained Minister, The Evangelical Covenant Church.
- Certified to perform civil commitment evaluations,
State of Mississippi.
I have published professional journal articles in
the areas of substance addiction, medical psychology, and Christian psychology.